1. We have computers in all classrooms -- PCs and Mac tabletops and laptops. Also, we have printers,
LCDs, a document reader, televisions, DVD players, and VCRs. Pull-down screens are installed in all
2. In addition to the software that comes loaded on the computers, we loaded Inspiration 9, and Snagit.
3. We use Connect Ed, an automated Voicemail message delivery system, to connect with and inform parents about their student, school activities and events, and District matters.
4. All teachers are certified by LAUSD to use its MOODLE Math, Social Studies, and English online lessons.
5. We recently created a school website which is up and running.
Our wish list:
1. Set up student email accounts.
2. Access web based eLearning classes and eBooks for all students -- general education, English Language Learners (ELLs), Special Education, scanner, etc.
3. Develop SADIE lesson plans in MOODLE.
4. Teach students to save and store their documents, share their documents, and submit their written documents for assessment in Google Docs.
5. Develop teacher websites.
6. Compile a list of student and parent/guardian cell phone numbers and emails to call, email (text, VoiceSMS), and instant message reminders about homework assignments, truancy and tardy issues, and student behavior, etc.
7. Install additional software: The Digital Frog 2.5 – Digital Field Trips: The wetlands/The Rainforest/the Desert; Apple Remote Desktop 3 – Faronics Deep Freeze Mac/PC.
8. Provide Blogging capabilities for all students on our website.
9. Purchase three smart boards and student response systems.
10. Receive Wi-Fi throughout the school.