The VPCHS mission, during the 2010/2011 school year, is twofold:
1. To provide a safe nurturing environment where everyone is valued.
2. To provide a quality alternative education that empowers students academically,
technologically, vocationally, emotionally and socially to meet the challenges of a global society.
3. To improve the academic performance of the student body by 10% on the California State Test (CST).
Our vision, during the 2010/2011 school year, is twofold:
1. To provide a Data-Driven/Standards-Based Curriculum with Expected Student Learning Results
(ESLRs) that promotes, literate, effective communicators, critical thinkers, and productive,
responsible citizens, who participate and contribute responsibly in a technologically diverse, global society.
2. To provide an emotionally-stable environment that promotes the importance of embracing the rigors of our academic program and behavioral expectations.